Accounts Payable Specialist
The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites, web apps, mobile apps and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance. The Agora Companies include businesses in London, Paris, Bonn, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and Waterford.
Agora Publishing Ireland is one of the aforementioned companies located in Waterford providing a range of services such as but not limited to HR, IT & Accounting across the International Agora companies. Employees of Agora Publishing Ireland service a large domestic and international client base.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist based in our offices in Woodlock House, Portlaw, Co. Waterford. This is a permanent role on a full-time basis, reporting directly to the Accounts Payable Team Lead.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Manage vendors and Accounts Payable across multiple legal entities;
- Manage the Accounts Payable inbox and deal with Accounts Payable related queries;
- Filing of documents on document storage system;
- Review and posting of expense and travel forms;
- Accounts Payable Payments and credit card reconciliations;
- Ensuring appropriate approval of all invoices;
- Month end close activities, including GL reconciliation and supplier reconciliations;
- Working with Accounts Payable Team Lead, develop and implement ways to improve the Accounts Payable function which make a positive contribution to the business
- Other office admin duties as required
What we look for in our employees:
- Energetic & Enthusiastic,
- Value individuality, opportunity & respect,
- Adaptable to change,
- Strong team work skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Requirements & Competencies:
- Minimum part or fully qualified Accounting Technician or relevant accounts admin experience with a 3rd level degree;
- Experience using accountancy packages, preferably NetSuite;
- Proficiency in data entry and the use of Microsoft word and excel;
- Experience with Concur and Coupa systems, an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team supporting others;
- Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize and organize workflow;
- Adaptable and driven with a positive attitude;
- Treats confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Ability to consistently follow outlined procedures, as well as develop new and improved processes;
- A thorough, professional approach to work and a consistently positive outlook.
- Ability to deal with change well
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package to the right candidate along with a great opportunity for the right person to learn and grow with an exciting company.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit CV and cover letter to Tara Dermody, HR to email@example.com
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.