Agora Publishing Services Ireland Ltd (APSI) Information Security team has an immediate opening for a Security Engineer. This permanent, full-time position is a great opportunity for someone with strong security engineering, architecture, cloud, network and application security assessment. This is a highly technical hands-on role that will utilize your deep and broad technical skills to increase the security posture of the organisation and offers significant flexibility for growth.
- Drive cloud/container security improvements
- Review existing vulnerability management program, identify areas for improvement and implement changes
- Perform application security assessments and create action plan for improvement
- Review and recommend network security improvements (network segmentation, Web Application Firewall, etc)
- Engage in our vendor risk management program
- Implement and/or enhance security controls of CI/CD pipelines.
- Meet with product owners, development teams, and affiliated parties to review your assessment results and consult on remediation options.
- Meet with stakeholders to track vulnerabilities and then perform retests as needed.
- Lead activity to investigate and mitigate security incidents
- Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross functional work with technical and non-technical teams throughout the organization.
- Assess security tools capability, performance, and effectiveness
- Stay informed of attack trends, zero-day vulnerabilities, methodologies, and risks within the cybersecurity realm
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated success in improving cyber security posture
- Experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Several years of experience developing or testing web applications, preferably e-commerce or business applications that face the Internet.
- Experience performing application security testing using manual techniques plus runtime vulnerability testing tools and/or code review tools.
- Knowledge of common protocols and how each works.
- Development and/or testing experience of PHP, Java and/or .NET applications
- Ability to research, analyze, prioritize, problem solve, and work several tasks concurrently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and produce high quality written products
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks
- Experience with cyber security policies and industry best practices (e.g. NIST SP 800 series, PCI DSS, NIST cyber security framework, HITRUST, CIS, DISA STIG).
- Honesty and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to do hands-on, highly technical work.
- Strong focus on working as a team with all parties involved
- Desire to research and learn new technologies, security tools, and software as well as the flexibility to adjust as new situations arise.
- Familiar with ticketing systems, such as JIRA
APSI exists to help companies grow and innovate on their own terms and become sought-after employers. With the support of our experts and solutions, our clients are free to focus on their ideas, products, and customers.
Before applying for a role at APSI, there are a few things you should know. We work hard. We like unique perspectives. We believe our time is better spent on testing new ideas than perfecting old ones. And we don't hold hands. Instead, we give people the freedom and resources they need to forge their own path. So, while there are no road maps to success, there are no limitations.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Given the large volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.